Friday 30 September 2011

All previous dispatches are obsolete

Much debate today. The topic being the difference between a nemesis and bete noire. I even sent the Princess a text, as well as royalty, she is my on-call language expert. Any language, just ask her, she'll know. For sure. Actually, how is your Dutch already, I am thinking you have a little way to go my friend on being a happy expert in this language.

What caused this kerfuffle? (That's Scottish). This brouhaha (Now that's French). Well, it was talk of next year, last year, plans and structure. Seeing as it is nearly Christmas, I thought it about time to make plans for 2012, get myself organised, have a Project Implementation Review meeting with myself on what went well and what could have gone better in 2011. Just get a bit ahead of the game for a change.

But then we had a mini heatwave in September, the chance to wear my HTC kit was too much of an opportunity (it was 27C today FFS), and those plans got shelve. Despite having desperately serious and critical man-flu last night, the spirit of the Blaireau (French) overcame me, tomorrow we ride! Allons-y. (French).

http://www.thecyclingmayor.com/?m=201109

So Skip and I hopped it over to Glastonbury for a flat ride across the levels. Very pleasant and actually quite good for my condition, since I now only feel half-dead. As of 70 minutes ago I am no longer employed, and I don't become re-employed until Monday at 9AM. So I am without a portion of life insurance over the weekend. Those of a superstitious (Latin) nature had best look away now. I hope I don't die over the weekend.

And we were talking about the fact that I have already entered the Tour of Wessex 2012. Which this year had been my bete noire. Or nemesis. And having resorted to the online oracle (Latin) that is Wikipedia, I'd say that I was right, for a nemesis is the divine retribution that is dished out to anyone guilty of hubris (Greek). And I think there was quite a bit of pride in the face of the gods going on in my life at the time, so Nemesis did her bit to bring me back to earth.

But we move on and 2012 will be different. Better. Such talk may be the work of des duivel (Dutch), for one such as I that has always done things fairly, um, spontaneously and flexibly. C'est fin. (French). If my plans are to be achieved I need to plan a bit more structure into my training and riding. The new life starts here.

I have also decided to seek out routes that double back on themselves, cover old ground, in fact, that resemble a plate of spaghetti (Italian) as another way of moving on from the past. A quick look at our route below will give a good idea of what I have in mind.

I thoroughly recommend this change business, it could do us all the world of good.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/118108688

No comments: