Friday 18 March 2011

I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel

On Sunday I have to make a decision between two beautiful choices. I love both of them dearly, but as will all difficult choices, I have to do some nailing of colours to masts, and pick one.

I am conflicted for they both offer different things. They are both stunningly gorgeous, sexy, and slim. Bot can do things to me that I dream of for days afterwards, the touch of their skin under my hands has me swooning.

One is flighty, twitchy, skittish and plays a bit fast and loose. The other more comfortable but still quick, more upright, less noisy, but, and here's the rub, a bit less dependable than previously.

So despite all this beauty it is the reliability that makes the choice. And I'm not as torn as i thought. At least the recent reliability anyway. The Red Madone it is then for the first proper sportive of the season, the Endura Lionheart at Longleat House, just shy of 100 miles, that's the plan. Loads of people from work are doing it too, well at least three anyway. Along with Skip, and the Liberator. So it should be a good day, particularly if i can get on the Liberator's wheel for the day.

Today I took it easy in terms of route into and back from work, going via Congresbury and Long Ashton. It was pretty damp and dismal on the way in, but lovely on the way back, and amazingly I managed an average far in excess of anything else i have done this year. Worryingly everything seemed to flow very nicely, which, in my superstitious manner, means I'll have a stinker on Sunday. Oh well, it's not a race is it?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/73692804

2 comments:

Caroline Talbott said...

Interesting how, in cycling and in life, just saying (or writing!) something out loud makes the choice clear! be good to each other and have a fabulous day - hope the weather is as beautiful as today Guy!

Caroline Talbott said...

Amazing how in cycling, as in life, just saying (writing?) it out loud makes the choice clear! be good to each other and have a brilliant day. Hope the sun shines on you both!