Sunday 27 March 2011

Esta undecision me molesta

Today I awoke sore and tired, and of course having lost an hour into the ether of British Summer Time. Straight away the Rouleur household was into panic mode as we had all agreed on a morning trip to watch Rango at a cinema on the outskirts of Bristol. And it is a great film, slightly surreal for a children's movie, but it does have Jonny Depp, Ray Winstone and Harry Dean Stanton amongst the cast. If you like your entertainment Zen, you should go.

I saw almost all of it, I think I missed only a couple of minutes while I was dozing. But that probably added to the whole experience in any case. By the time we were travelling home it had turned into a really nice, sunny Spring day. And the roads were full of cyclists. I should be resting, but I don't get an opportunity to ride in daylight during the coming week, and it might be raining next weekend. I just couldn't make up my mind when we got home with the TV and sofa looking very inviting too, should I stay or should I go?

Well, what would you do?

So now I am even sorer and tireder, but it was a really great ride, and despite doing the Gorge, the HNP on Mendip, Long Lane (easy Wrington Hill) and then a few lumps and bumps on the way back, I was OK.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75378835

I thought a lot about the census while I was riding, I am confronted by this monstrous intrusion of questions as i type this, and I have to fill it in today apparently. Not sure if they would know if I filled it in tomorrow, but as you know "Conformity" is my middle name.

Don't get me wrong, I love questions, I make my living through asking them, encouraging others to ask them, and know when and when not to ask the right one. I just wish they could have asked a few interesting ones instead of all the drivel about numbers, ages, occupations, blah, blah, blah. So here, just for fun, are the ten random questions that occurred to me this afternoon:

1. Why do black clothes make you look slimmer than you really are, and white ones make you look fatter?
2. How important is size?
3. Did Lance Armstrong take performance enhancing drugs that contravened the rules?
4. Was there really no room at the inn, or was that dramatic licence?
5. What persuaded Anekin Skywalker to cross to the dark side?
6. Who decides when the clocks go forward and back?
7. How many Kings of England were actually called George?
8. When do children start tidying their rooms without being asked?
9. How many cyclists were out today in North Somerset, and who was that large group near Churchill school?
10. What is the Church of England for?

Feel free to add a comment and ask you own question, in fact I'll give a virtual prize for the best one, right where is that form?

1 comment:

Skip said...

1. Black absorbs light. And calories. White doesn't. They merely show up as nasty stains...
2. Size matters.
3. No ;)
4. I'm sure they had a licence...
5. George Lucas
6. I do. It's usually just before I go to bed. That way they're right in the morning.
7. As King or before?
8. Where would the fun be in that?
9. Not enough, because I wasn't one of them.
10. Stained glass preservation.

11. Can you spot the girl with too much time on her hands? *grin*