Thursday 23 December 2010

Perfect love drives out all fear

Cycled to work again today and boy, that north-east wind was an arse. Like being sandblasted by the air from your freezer, I really hope I get a polar buff for Christmas or my face is going to look like Robbie Williams in that horrible video, if this weather continues.

I left a little later this morning so it was 8.30 and daylight by the time I pulled into the basement at work. Our new building has a lovely basement, were it not for all the cars and pillars it would make a great track racing circuit.

The wind pushed me home I think, because i can feel no other explanation for an average speed over 15 mph. I'm bushed. Maybe it's that old cycling lore saying "it doesn't get easier, you just get faster". I had no real need to ride today, but the roads were pretty quiet and a bit drier, if still with loads of ice piled up at the sides. I think the secret is to trust your instincts, your tyres and whatever God you believe in to get you there safely. Worked for me today.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/60453098

You will be pleased to know I didn't do too much thinking. So here is your five part Christmas quiz of random thoughts that occured today:

1. Which British comedy actor was in Love Actually and Truly Madly deeply?
2. What book, (and who is the author) is the Police hit song "Don't stand so close to me" based on?
3. What is the technical name used to describe how radioactive substances decay?
4. Which King split the Church of England from Rome and why?
5. What is God's telephone number and how is it connected to this post?

Bet you wished I'd stuck to cycling.

Have a good Christmas everyone and hopefully the roads will soon be warm and dry.

No comments: