Friday 17 December 2010

Be Patient

We humans are flipping bonkers. Sounds like a truism in a way, but it's visceral today. Many reasons, not least the snow, which amongst other things confines me. I do have a trick up my sleeve. Or in the shed to be precise, it's called a Mountain bike. Then there is the exercise bike. Got to exercise or I'll have too much time to think, and I really don't want to do that after the 24 hours I've just had.

First. I won second prize in the raffle at the work Christmas do. I didn't even know I'd entered that particular competition. But given the prize is Next vouchers, and they don't sell lycra in there to my knowledge, I'll have to give them away.

I drank a lot. I know I must have because I danced. Like I had my cleats on I should think. It was a great night though I really enjoyed it, hope everyone got home safely in the snow, luckily I only had two floors to go down, and i was probably doing my best Rowley Birkin impression. Definitely love that man.

Then today I was helping out on my volunteering day. I'm not going to say anything about it, but as you all prepare for the festivive season I want you all to stop and ask yourself these three questions:

What do you really need this Christmas?
What lengths will you go to make sure you get just what you need and reject what you only want?
How patient can you be while it all happens?

The Mendip Rouleur would say he need a dry, smooth piece of tarmac, a 5% hill, no cars and a bit of mist. And a 12/27 on the back and a compact 50/34 on the front. But I don't know anymore, is that it? Really?

So sorry for coming over all heavy at party time, it's about fun too I know. But a song from, you know, them, is spinning round my head tonight: I'm not telling you which one it is, you'll have to guess, answers on a Christmas card......(or be my friend on Facebook because I posted a link!)

Merry Christmas.

No comments: