Friday 30 July 2010

Power to the Pump

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/42445405

Not much to report on this commuter run, save for the fact that I got a puncture when only 2 miles from the office this morning. A rusty nail went straight through the middle of the tyre, flat as a pancake in seconds.

Fortunately I was in a good place to change it, next to an empty car park, and I had no trouble getting the tyre off and the tube swapped over. Funnily enough I have just bought a CO2 pump gizmo, but decided to leave it behind today relying on the untried mini pump (Topeak Pocket Rocket I think, bought in Evans cycles), which I had bought after my last minipump proved useless. Like all the other minipumps I have ever had. Guess what? This one is brilliant, easily inflating to about 70-80 psi, enough to get me to the office where there is a track pump.

How lucky am I? My work actually has a decent bike pump on site!

Weather was warm but cloudy, wind in my face on the way back, tailwind there, but as you can see from the stats, it's pretty nondescript.

I had been planning a 60 mile hilly ride tomorrow, hence the totally flat profile today. But this life thing has intervened, and now I am in limbo, can't decide to eat loads or not. Still I am blessed in so many ways, and if that is all I have to worry about I should keep quiet really. That's usually best, generally works in these situations, wouldn't you say?

No comments: