Sunday 25 July 2010

Busy making other plans....

I'm sure you know the quote, "life happens when you are busy making other plans", no idea who said it. Well, loads of people all the time and right now I'm thinking about the pasta I have cooking in the microwave, the fact I need to order some food from a well-known supermarket, my hair needs cutting, I need to take some tiles out to the shed, you know the long list of things to do that never seems to end.

So I am going to keep this short. Like the grass I have just cut. Skip and I headed out for a loop around East Brent, Lympsham, Weston sea front, to the New Castle cafe (cleanest and most fragrant toilets of any public establishment award winner July 2010), before belting back via Kewstoke, Puxton, Sandford and Winscombe. I wanted to divert up to Shipham, but as I would have been on my own, I couldn't be bothered.

We were pretty quick considering the amount of riding we have both been doing this week, and the weather, cake, coffee and company were all very pleasant.

Skip is off on her holidays, courageously taking her bike to France. I need to practise (or is it practice?) riding on consecutive days, even if I can't do the mileage I'll be doing in September, it is good for the body. So I'm told.

Right, off to eat, then remind my family of my existence before (hopefully) watching Mark Cavendish win the sprint and, just maybe, the Green Jersey.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/41741376

No comments: