Sunday 18 April 2010

For the sake of it

No, not about japanese alcohol, although it might just as well have been. Cycling with a hangover is not big or clever, but we had another sunny day, and this may be the only summer weather all year. What else could I do?

For starters I could put on my new sunglasses. I do have a thing for a good pair of sunglasses. Actually I have thing for an overpriced American brand of sunglasses. It's one of the few good things about Lance. I have never cycled with Oakley's before, and of course they make all the difference. I would barely have moved with my old Bloc pair. Best of all, I got to design, well choose from a menu, all the different components of the glasses. Sad isn't it, I'm a grown man too.

I realised that I was not going to go fast today, so decided a bit of hill practice would fill the time. So I cycled to the lowest point I could reasonably get to, and then cycled straight to the highest point from there. Not a continuous up, but pretty much. Then came down and home. Not a continuous down, but pretty much.

Cut and paste the address below for more details because, quite frankly I'm still not at my best. I have managed to squeeze in over a 100 miles this week, and some pretty chunky hills. So I need a good night's sleep before work tomorrow. Lots of them before the White Horse challenge next sunday, likely to be the next time I ride.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/30443851

If it is sunny next sunday I could very well blind some people, because I washed my bike really thoroughly too. Not a totally wasted day then. Unlike last night, when I was. Wasted that is. Never mind, I'm going to bed.

No comments: