Monday 28 December 2009

Now with added cadence.....

http://connect.garmin.com/player/21165916

Today may, or not, be the last ride of the year, it depends on the weather for the rest of this week. Being the anal type that I am, I record all my rides in far too much detail-it's not healthy.

But for the record, today I passed a quarter of a million calories expended on exercise for the year. So, what if I have eaten more than that to compensate, or slumbered away many a Sunday afternoon, today's 1200-odd calories tipped me over that goal.

It was cold again, a bit icey, worse than boxing day, but not as bad as last week. So I stuck to south-facing back roads and main roads for eat-west bits, as far as I could, and went gingerly down any slopes of any kind. Went north for a change too, out as far as Nailsea, then back via Brockley Coombe and the airport. Down the A38 on Redhill I nearly hit 40 mph, which would have been good considering the weather.

I now have the GSC10 cadence sensor on the Kona working again-it's amazing what reading the instructions can do-so Charlie stats above show how fast my little legs went round all the way. Someone told me that Brockley Coombe has the same profile as the Tourmalet-which I'll be riding up in September-only it's 2 miles instead of 15 miles long. Oh well, I enjoyed the sunshine anyway, it's nice to be able to get outside and roll those wheels!

No comments: