Friday 19 August 2011

Light my way

This is just a short post, for my commute to work and back today. In the two years I've been riding into Bristol I have never had a more beautiful bike ride into town as I had this morning. With the nights finishing later I leave on the cusp of morning. Today dawn was slow and gradual and a gorgeous ultraviolet colour pervaded the sky, slowly driven out by reds, oranges and eventually blue.

As I rode up each ridge I looked down into the valley below, to see wisps of mist, like cotton wool, drifting on the slight breeze. Few cars were about, and I just had to do Belmont Hill too, it was that sort of a morning.

I reversed the route on the way home, added Brockley Coombe and tried to avoid the madmen on the A38. The traffic was rammed for some reason, a complete contrast to the morning. A few more hills on Sunday, gentle ride on Tuesday and then it's allons-y, mes braves, France here we come!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/107778715

No comments: