Sunday 14 February 2010

I'm just too tired to blog today..........

It's a pathetic excuse, and the tiredness is all of my own making. After a great ride with the ACG (where we seem to have not just a slow and a fast group, but now a medium group-a bit like Tony Blair promising a "third way"- will this soon become like the proliferation of boxing titles?) I decided to cap the ride off with an ascent of Shipham Hill. Then I thought I'd round it off by hitting the "50 miles for the day" mark. I ended up doing just shy of 54 miles, and my back is killing me. I think I have pulled a muscle, as well as aggravating my ongoing neck/shoulder problem.

So I had lots of stuff to blog about, but I'm off to lie down on the floor of the living room for an hour. Fortunately, the dozen red roses and box of chocs arrived for Mrs M-a-M while I was out, so the brownie points are in the bag. Hopefully I will be better tomorrow, because I had planned a recovery ride!

Here's Charlie, as you will see, we were pretty quick, mainly down to the efforts of our newbie M from YVF, purveyors of yogurt, as well as Skip, the Doc and Knight of the Realm. Don't worry M, I'll get you a proper nickname soon:

http://connect.garmin.com/player/24663156

PS 24 hours and a visit to the chiropractor later, and I have torn a back muscle with some verterbrae out of alignment. The C was perplexed: "this is a twisting injury, you don't get them from cycling". Then I remembered. Cycling to work on Friday, I had fallen off at the Congresbury lights (you guessed it-track -standing, clipped in, doh!), and twisted as I fell. Yesterday's ride has aggravated the injury. Two weeks rest he said, we'll see I said!

1 comment:

Skip said...

Skip is fine...but any tendency towards Skippy will be greatly frowned up upon...*grin*