Friday 18 February 2011

It's been a long cold lonely winter

This is a weird situation. I'm listening to a live stream of U2 from Johannesburg (singing Amazing Grace segueing into Streets Have no name right now)as I'm typing this, I'm finally on holiday from work (two weeks, what will I do with myself? No, don't answer) and very, very very tired.

I rode to work today:

http://connect.garmin.com/player/68893656

Long Lane, Dundry, Airport, hills, nearly 3k feet of climbing which I was surprised with, but Charlie wouldn't lie, would he?

And back. It was fun, and despite the slight damp, drizzle and early morning/late evening dark, which slowed me down a bit on the descent of Brockley Coombe, spring is coming. "Here comes the sun" I thought, as I crested Long Lane near Wrington, and arrived at work in proper daylight. There are daffodils and crocuses shooting up through the stony ground.

Better things are coming. Believe. Forget THEM, soon the world will be a better place, and not just because u2 are sweeping over me, or because I'm on holiday, or because I'm going to Ireland, or even because the Spring is coming and we are riding some sportives TOGETHER Skip, you better believe that so keep up because neither of us are going to hang around, we are going to kick arse.

No the world is going to be a better place because it just will be. Have some faith please at the back.

That's enough from the soap box, I'm going to get something to eat now. We are riding Sunday so I better get some sleep too.

No comments: