Monday 16 November 2009

"Just to play Devil's advocate....."

Be warned this one's not about cycling.

An update from the world of my new job, and what an amazing two weeks it has been. I have conducted five competency-based meetings, delivered three half-day Appraisal skills training courses, attended a very intensive one-day Development centre, and a one day wash-up meeting of all observers, written three participant reports from same, and been involved in a whole host of other stuff. And done the firm's induction.

It's just what I needed, a fresh challenge and a chance to use my L & D skills in a different environment.

My feet have not touched the ground and I have loved it. It is a really great time to join, with lots of change happening from the strategic level-all the way down, and this has and will place huge demands on the L & D function that I'm a part of.

Lots to do, lots to plan, lots to measure, so plenty of opportunity to test myself. The learning curve is huge, the industry is so different, as is the culture and of course getting to know lots of new people is always interesting.

To cap it all, today I used the Devil's advocate line, but fortunately, I got away with it.....

No comments: