Monday 15 November 2010

Haven't done that for a while

I was going to call this post "Badger hunting" but then it occurred to me it sounded like something out of the Profanosaurus (look it up on Amazon, it really exists). My innocent reference refers to cycling in the dark, but now I'm beginning to feel like everything is a double entendre, even the title I've got. So be it. Tonight I went out for an evening cycle ride.

I'm off to Ireland on Friday, and taking Kona with me. Bike number 3 as he now is, will stay over there. So because I hadn't ridden Kona for ages I thought a test run was in order, and I did find a couple of issues that need fettling- the front indexing, a clicking on the rear cassette. I also got used to riding a triple again, although because of the afore-mentioned, it is actually a double, but when fixed it will have a huge range of gears to muck about with (30/42/52 on the front,12-25 on the back). I even managed well over 40 mph tonight, possibly the fastest I've ever done in the dark.

I did a couple of hills, as well as trying to avoid the ice. It was on the descent of Shipham Hill that I found a patch of it, probably not thawed out all day, so i took it easy on the way down. Well until the final corner anyway. Good fun.

Technically I'm still resting. This was to cycling what the Japanese whaling fleet is to the whale hunting ban-just research so it doesn't count. Good job too as my chest is still not completely clear. I'll have to have some steroids i think, or is that a double entendre?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/56872389

Today's post is dedicated to Aung San Suu Kyi.

No comments: